These cookies are super easy to make and they are packed with gorgeous seasonal flavours. I absolutely love the combination of the pumpkin puree with all the warm and fragrant spices. I have used Flora Buttery to give them that indulgent buttery texture. I personally really like them as they are but if you want to make them extra fancy drizzle them with some icing.
This recipe is from SoVegan
For the cookies
100g Flora Buttery
100g light brown sugar
80g pumpkin puree from a tin, or homemade 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
200g self raising flour
1⁄4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
For the icing
1 cup icing sugar 4 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-assisted and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Meanwhile mix together the Flora Buttery, sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Then add the cinnamon powder, ginger powder, ground nutmeg, self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt. Stir until fully combined then use your hands to bring everything together.
- Take a small handful of cookie dough (approx 50g in weight), roll it into a ball then place it on the baking tray. Repeat until you have between 8 – 10 cookie balls on the tray, leaving at least 5cm space between each cookie ball.
- Add a little cold water to a small bowl, dip your fingers in the water and press down on each ball until the dough is approx 1cm thick and the balls are cookie shaped (round).
- Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and almond milk together in a small bowl until smooth. If the icing is a little too runny add a little more icing sugarand if it’s too dry add a little more almond milk.
- Once the cookies have finished cooling drizzle the icing over them with a spoon in a criss-cross pattern.
- Leave for a few minutes to set and voila! Happy Halloween!
T&C for Flora & Kitchen Aid Giveaway:
- The promoter of this prize draw is Upfield Foods UK Limited (“Upfield”) of Floor 2, The Caxton, 1 Brewer’s Green, London, SW1H 0RH.
- The prize draw is open to all United Kingdom residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of Upfield, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via Elisa Rossi’s social media platforms @happyskinkitchen by liking Flora (@flora) and tagging a friend and only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries will only be accepted during the promotional prize draw period, which is between [11.00am] on [Friday 25th October] and [18.00pm] on [31st October 2019]. Entries received after the promotional prize draw period will not be valid.
- Upfield accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to any fault of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen at random by a draw by an independent person after the promotional prize draw period.
- The winner will receive a Kitchen Aid and Flora branded apron
- The winner will be notified by direct message (using details provided at entry) and must then provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Elisa/Happy Skin Kitchen within 48 hours of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Upfield/Elisa will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Upfield reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
- The decision of Upfield regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Upfield may either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Upfield will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London SW19 3RU (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month of the sampling activity period stated in condition 5. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Upfield by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, Upfield must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Upfield reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Upfield reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will only be processed as set out at https://upfield.com/privacypolicy/en_us.html. See also Condition 13 with regard to the announcement of winners.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.